A School Organization’s “6 Pillars” of Review
In performing SpringBoard21 Pulse, we gather, review, report on and help synthesize and transform data into relevant information across the following 6 Pillars of your school organization to identify areas of developing need and help establish growth objectives through action-planning:
- Change Readiness,
- Learning Environments,
- Organizational Capacity,
- Resource Deployment and
- Data-Informed Practices.
- IT-ET Practices
Scalable, Flexible & Customizable
SpringBoard21 Pulse is designed to serve individual districts, a consortium of districts, statewide administration or a scaled national rollout. This design allows SpringBoard21 Pulse the adaptability to best address the needs of those we serve, regardless of the size and scope of those we are to serve.
At SpringBoard21, we believe in building strong strategic alliances throughout the educational community to help expand the reach of SpringBoard21 Pulse and identify potential opportunities to deliver certain aspects of our “Pulse” program. We further believe these potential opportunities to be mutually beneficial and productive with regards to the provision of collaborative professional development and consulting to support schools as they look to address areas of developing a need.
SpringBoard21 is the birth of a new dawn in education. It’s born from a new partnership between TMI Education, IT-ET Shift Happens and international education consultant, author, and keynote speaker, Ian Jukes, and his company, InfoSavvy21.
SpringBoard21 is about transforming education through gathering and analyzing data to determine a school organization’s Return on EducationTM and to identify areas of developing a need to help schools:
1. better align strategic, financial, human and capital resources in support of needs-aligned strategic planning, best-practice instruction and professional development; and
2. promote authentic-based learning environments (ABLE’s) that will “empower” students in sustained standards-based authentic learning environments that better prepare them for success in life and work in the modern age, AND that will “energize” leadership and “excite” teachers.
SpringBoard21 has developed proprietary methodologies, protocols, tools and resources to help schools achieve this transformation through a variety of pioneer programs including, but not limited to:
1. SpringBoard21 Pulse – gathering and analyzing data to determine a school’s “Return on EducationTM” and identify areas of developing need across the entire school organization, from strategic planning to classroom instruction, from leadership and communication to morale and culture
2. SpringBoard21 Curriculum Renewal Initiative – the renewal of a curriculum that supports authentic-based instruction and assessment.
What is SpringBoard21 Pulse?
SpringBoard21 Pulse is a proprietary diagnostic data assessment for the K-12 educational community. SpringBoard21 Pulse helps educational leaders get a “pulse” of their organization from top to bottom, providing school organizations with a comprehensive program that:
1. better aligns strategic, financial, human and capital resources in support of needs-aligned strategic planning, best-practice instruction and professional development within a school organization;
2. reviews and provides feedback on the current state of teaching, learning and assessment practices within a school organization;
3. analyzes a school organization’s capacity for teaching and learning in modern times;
4. provides leadership development sessions on how to analyze data from our assessment;
5. demonstrates how to turn data into relevant and purposeful information for effective decision-making and strategic thinking; and
6. identifies action-planning procedures aligned to the data assessment
SpringBoard21 Pulse provides the comprehensive program through a review, performed in partnership with you and your staff, of the “6 Pillars” of your school organization: Change Readiness, Learning Environments, Organizational Capacity, Resource Deployment and Data-Informed Practices.
In our first year of service, we help determine a detailed baseline for your organization, a “measuring stick” for identifying areas of developing need and tracking progress. In subsequent years, we facilitate a series of “Quick-Checks” to ensure the long-term sustainability of growth in areas of developing need identified within the first-year baseline.
Why is SpringBoard21 Pulse important?
As the old saying goes, “numbers don’t lie.” With data in hand comes informative decisions. The business world measures value and benefit derived from assets and investment of resources regarding “Return on Investment” (ROI), but in education, we like to call it “Return on EducationTMI” (ROE). SpringBoard21 Pulse is a reliable way to you as an educational leader to quantify ROE throughout your organization.
The SpringBoard21 Pulse ROE analysis helps you as an educational leader align elements of your short- and long-term planning initiatives with desired outcomes and align budgetary spending, human resources and capital expenditures directly with areas of developing need we help you identify. The SpringBoard21 Pulse ROE analysis, in turn, contributes to support the successful attainment of your initiatives.
With SpringBoard21 Pulse at your side, you will become a more effective leader in developing strategic plans and budgets, communicating goals and objectives with staff, building consensus, managing staff expectations, improving morale, forging a healthy work environment, strengthening communication and engagement with and among the parental community, partnering with your board, and more. New ways of doing things will be forged, from planning to implementation, from curriculum through instruction, from action through measured outcome.
SpringBoard21 Pulse uses proprietary survey studies to gather initial data across the school organization to help substantiate and assess the organization’s Change Readiness, Learning Environments, Organizational Capacity, Resource Deployment and Data-Informed Practices; what we call the 6 Pillars of a school organization.
All stakeholders to a school organization are invited to participate in the data assessment process: leadership, staff, students, board members, and parents. In fact, we encourage the involvement and sampling of all stakeholders. We believe this allows for maximum consideration and representation within common areas under evaluation, as well as the greatest exposure in evaluating matters of reality and perception.
Data Reporting & Summary
Once data assessment is complete we summarize said data into reports for analysis and reporting. As part of this process, SpringBoard21 Pulse selects a sample of stakeholders from the survey process for participation in informal, and anonymous, Q & A sessions to help substantiate aspects of the data, identify common threads and identify and isolate outliers.
From Data Assessment to Leadership Development Sessions
SpringBoard21 Pulse is not just about data assessment. We help educational leaders transform data into action-planning. With data in hand, SpringBoard21 Pulse provides a series of development sessions that walk leaders through a series of development sessions that cover:
- evidence-based leadership
- data reporting & analysis and
- initial action-planning.
SpringBoard21 Pulse also provides you and your district with a broad range of portfolio training, consulting and tools-based resources to help you address areas of developing need and measure growth in these areas as action items are put into place.